"We are not healers, we are not reconcilers; we are sinful, broken and vulnerable people who need as much care as anyone we care for. The mystery of ministry is that we have been chosen to make our limited and very conditional love the gateway for the unlimited and unconditional love of God" -Henry Nouwen



Friday, January 7, 2011

"Dr. Pep-aire my battery"

Lovable Losha has been wired the last couple of days. He's still lovin his Dr. Pepper and now it seems like everywhere he goes, someone will give him a 2 liter. It makes his day. Our pantry is currently housing 7 2-liters. He has a week to consume it all........I'm sure he's up for the challenge.

This week has been hectic, and to throw in some more chaos, John's nice little Upper Respiratory Infection has been hopping all around our house. So far, Losha is in the clear, and hasn't been sick. I figure he's got one awesome immune system since he lives with a bunch of kids and all of their germs. I'm still praying that he doesn't get sick- especially considering he has about 30+ hours of traveling coming up.....

Losha has been bounced all over the place this week. Just to hit the highlights- he spent 2 days with my family this week. They took him to Bo's in Lenior- a fun place that has anything and everything fun and loud you can think of- both days they kept him for us. Losha is now "pro" at everything. "I pro bowler!" "I pro sniper!" "I pro driver!" He's spent 1 day with John this week and they came to my work and we all had much together. Such a nice treat to get to see both of my boys during the day :) Today he's with John's parents again, where I'm sure he'll have a blast. He told us the other day, while in the car- totally out of the blue- "Dr. Pep-air my battery", followed by "een-air-gee!!!!" (energy). This absolutely cracked me up :) He's very right though- it does give him energy, to say the least.

This week we also talked to him about a birthday party. His birthday is January 28 and he will be turning 14!!! Since he won't be here on his actual birthday, we're going to throw him a little party next Friday, the 14th. We took him to Party City so he could pick out his theme, and he appropriately chose Hot Wheels. This was quite endearing to me. He said "Moos-tang!" aka Mustang, and the decision was final! He tried very hard to conceal his excitement, but he was grinning like a monkey. If you're reading this, you're invited. We figured since the party is the day before he leaves, those of you who haven't yet been able to meet him and want to, can come and meet him. We have so many people wanting to say goodbye to him, that it is just not possible for us to get around to everyone. So, we figured we'll have him in a central location, and anyone and everyone is welcome to stop in and say "happy birthday" "nice to meet you" or "goodbye/farewell". But please, NO GIFTS!!! He has entirely too much stuff now to take back with him. He is only allowed 1 suitcase with a 50 lb weight limit to it- we're already over it. So, he won't be able to take any gifts back with him.....so PLEASE don't bring anything but yourselves. We'll have some food and cake. The party will be "drop-in" from 4pm-8pm. Come if you can! I know Losha will love it. And please, don't take it personally if he doesn't say a word to you. He still doesn't talk to strangers-this is just him. It has nothing to do with you, I promise!

This weekend we are headed to the Great Wolf Lodge with the other host families, as well as my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. We're gonna have a blast. Losha is quite excited about this. I'm not too thrilled about my tankini with no tan what-so-ever. There is a BIG difference between pasty pale fat and tan fat.........
I just keep telling myself, "Its all for Losha, its all for Losha, its all for Losha......."

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you will look great and most importantly, have a great time~! :) We will miss y'all at church!

    ReplyDelete